Semester ticket is a state-wide travel document for students admissible in public transport media such as bus and train at no extra cost. It was introduced in winter semester 2019/20 and is valid throughout Schleswig-Holstein and Hamburg for the HVV AB tariff zone. The state-wide semester ticket is not valid for ferries and the Syltbus. For students from Lübeck, however, the ticket is still valid for the Priwall ferry in Travemünde.
- Go to www.nah.sh and follow the prompts in the order process.
- After specifying the university you will be redirected to a university page to agree to the transfer of some data to the sales service provider to order the ticket.
- To do so, you have to log in with your student QIS account i.e. with your matriculation number and personal university password.
- Then you can fill out the online form and choose between mobile phone and paper ticket.
- You will need to upload a personal photo to place your order, so make sure you choose the right one.
- The application will then be reviewed and the ticket will be sent to you: With the mobile phone ticket, you will receive a code to your university e-mail address with which you can load the ticket into the NAH.SH app. If you have chosen the paper ticket, it will be sent to the shipping address provided.
- The student card will no longer be usable as a ticket.
A refund of the ticket price is generally not possible. The ticket is borne in solidarity. As a single person, a comparable ticket costs more than 3,000 Euro per year. Exceptions for a refund are however regulated by the AStA in its statutes. The following groups of persons can have the contribution share for the regional and the nationwide semester ticket refunded on application to the AStA:
- Severely disabled persons who are in possession of a pass for free public transport (with supplement and token from the pension office),
- Students who cannot use public transport due to their disability and who provide appropriate proof of this,
- Students in an online study programme,
- Students who are on leave of absence due to studies abroad, federal voluntary service, a properly excluded illness - or for other purposes,
- Students who demonstrably spend more than 15 weeks continuously at an institution outside the area of validity of the regional semester ticket; permissible purposes are student exchange programs, internships, final and doctoral theses,
- Students who are also enrolled at another university or academy in Schleswig-Holstein and who have already paid in full the fees payable there in accordance with the fees regulations, including the portion of fees payable for the state-wide semester ticket.
- Exemptions must be applied for in writing to the AStA by the end of the first month of the semester using the appropriate form!