Welcome to this course!
In this course you will get a detailed introduction to our University and the most important information you need to apply for a study program at the Lübeck University of Applied Sciences (THL).
What is this course about?
We provide you with many helpful information about our university, services for (international) students, visa application, health insurance, cost of living in Germany and also about the beautiful medieval town of Lübeck with its leisure activities.
The Course includes 7 chapters:
- Welcome (this chapter)
- Towards studying at THL
- Planning your time at HL
- First days in Lübeck
- First steps at THL
- Academic Life
- Services by THL
This course has two levels:
- Directly in the course there is a short introduction to get an overview of the various topics.
- In addition, you can search for further information, particular scenarios and the contact data you need in the guide book.
What do you learn in this course?
- You can find all the information you need about your chosen study programme, including the application requirements and contact persons.
- You know how and where to submit your application and what you need to include. And you know what you need to do for the recognition of international degrees.
- You can describe the process of how to get or renew a visa.
- You can access information on semester fees, semester tickets, course and exam options, and exam registrations on the website of the TH Lübeck.
- You could name the services offered by the TH Lübeck (e.g. Student Services, Language Centre, International Office, Career Development, University Sports).
- You can find the most important buildings on campus (e.g. canteen, cafeteria or library).
- You can calculate your costs of staying and living in Germany and how you will be able to cover them.
- You know about leisure activities in and around Lübeck, so you won't be bored after your studies.
- You know about the most important cultural and communicative pitfalls and are well prepared for your first days at the TH Lübeck.